Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yet another eating plan!

I was at one my of best friend's today. Her sister-in-law was there too. I had seen her a few times before, but I didn't remember her being this skinny. She looked amazing. So I consulted my best friend, lol, and then asked her sister-in-law what type of eating plan she is following. She said that she has been eating more raw food, more veggies and fruits, and less meat and dairy. She gave me the name of couple of books to read. I am inspired!

Since the beginning of the year, I have tried to eat real food, tried to cook more, eat protein and veggies, and avoid processed food including meal replacement bars that was the staple of my diet last semester! However, I knew that I couldn't carry this plan into the semester and once I am back home. For one thing, in my tiny basement area, I don't have a stove to cook.

The extent of appliances in my "kitchen" down below is a large old microwave, a slow cooker, a coffee maker, and an old refrigerator.

My big old microwave was almost a year old when I moved into my house with its own new state-of-the-art, lol, build-in microwave in the newly remodeled state-of-the-art kitchen, lol, I miss my own kitchen. Anyhow, I stored my old microwave in the basement thinking I shall give it away to the first person who needs it. Well that turned out to be myself.  I figured at least I can warm up my food!

Similar with the old refrigerator which I got from my mom. My mom had this small old fridge that she kept in her garage, ready to give it away. When I decided to move into the basement area, I took it off her hand, lol. I don't think I would have bought a fridge if my mom hadn't give me this one. I couldn't afford a regular fridge, and I don't think I could have talked myself into buying one those small fridge kids get for their dorm rooms.

So trying to eat more raw veggies, with no cooking required, is becoming more and more appealing to me, once I get back home.

This week, I am planning to read the books my best friend's sister-in-law suggested, to get ready to adopt more raw eating way.

The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss by Natalia Rose


Browse Inside this book
Get this for your site

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin (available at audible.com)

Happy reading/listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment