Sunday, January 9, 2011

My first date of the year!

Well even before the date I knew that it was not going to work out but now I am sure my date still wants his ex back.

They called it quits just before Thanksgiving and he moved into an apartment after Christmas. He told me that he and his wife (yes, he still referred to her as his wife) grow apart a few years ago. He has no idea why! He said he was OK with being more like a roommate than partners! He said he wanted them to stay together for the sake of the kids.

I am thinking he probably was hoping that whatever was bothering his ex would pass and they would get back to what they had before. I am thinking he still wants her very much, and wants to be married to her.

Anyhow, he told me that his wife used to be so concern about her appearance, that if she found a gray hair, she would promptly cut it out, that she would wear moisturizer and sunblock religiously, that she was scared of lines and age spots. He said everyone thinks his wife did not lose the baby fat after two pregnancies, but first of all she did not gain any extra weight during either pregnancies and within three months she was back to her per-pregnancy figure. He said when they first met, he was the overweight one, and since she had studied nutrition at school, she helped him lose weight. So yes, I think he still adores her, wants her back, and wants to help her! A good portion of the time on the date he was talking about her. I suppose she is lucky.

But you know, I have met his ex a few times, couple of times at my sister's parties, and couple of times when visiting my sister, she came over to pick up her son. My nephew and her son are good friends. Anyhow, the woman that I met has long thick curly hair, with lots of grays. It is obvious that she does not dry her hair because it always looks frizzed. Even at the parties she had not styled her hair; she had it in a ponytail. The woman that I met does not wax her eyebrows, and wears very little makeup! The woman that I met is overweight and wears cloths that are at least 2 sizes too small!

I suppose this guy was talking about someone else right, lol!

Anyhow, we both decided that we should stay just good friends! I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment