Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution!

I don't remember exactly when I started making resolution, but it was a long long time ago, lol. I like to have a goal and work toward it all year, and by the end of the year, be proud of my accomplishments.

Couple of years after my divorce I made a resolution to start a family, never happened! I made the same resolution again the following year, and again for the third year! Needless to say it never happened! When by the end of the third year I failed once again, I quit making resolutions all together.

I went a few years without resolution, but I missed it, I missed having a goal and working toward it, so I returned.

I returned to making New Year's Resolution and included a plan B, lol. I decided to have one major resolution as before, and then have two minor resolutions. I figured I could call it a success year if I was able to either reach my major goal or my two minor goals. And since then I have been following this plan. There has been some years that I managed to accomplish all three resolutions, including 2010.

My major resolution for 2010 was to put my career back on track. I wanted to either find a job that would be challenging, that would be at my level, not a few levels down, and that I would be able to learn and grow as I go, or go back to school, advance my education, and then hopefully be able to find a challenging job. So the first few months of last year I worked on finding another job, and when that did not pan out, I worked on getting into a good program, which I did, and that is why I am here, lol.

My two minor resolutions last year were, one to make it to gym at least 15 times per month, and two read one book a week, including the professional books I read for work. Well I sort of exceeded both my resolutions. I had a small calendar in my car, and every day after gym, I marked it. February and July I went to gym respectively 16 and 19 times, but the other six months that I still had gym membership, I went over 20 times each month. Hurry for me, lol. When I had to give up my gym membership at the end of August, I revised my resolution. I told myself that if for the next four months I did not gain any weight I would call it a success resolution. Well I went and lost over13 pounds in that four months. So YES, I would call that a success resolution.

I log the books I read into goodreads and for 2010 I was up to 55 books read. This number is excluding the professional books I read for work and later for school. I am connected to my friends on goodreads and I thought if I enter those books into the goodreads I would never hear the end of it, lol. So YES, I am calling my second minor resolution a success as well.

Now for this year, my major resolution was easy, I want to finish my program successfully, and hopefully before the year ends I want to either have a job, or have a job offer that I like very much to accept. And for my two minor resolutions, I decided one would be to train and participate in a race, and two to start dating!

While I was at my sisters she introduced me to a few running blogs. I am hooked on reading them regularly and have gotten inspired to run. Since I am still very much overweight, I thought I should lose more weight before attempting to start running. I have set a timeline for myself to lose about 10 pounds in the next five months, and sometimes at the end of May start training. I am thinking I could train the entire summer, and in the fall, depending on how fit I am, I would pick a 5K, or a 10K, or if I am very brave, a half marathon, to run.

For my other minor resolution I have been trying to have an open mind, and that was why I accept to go out on a date with my sister's former neighbor when he asked me New Year's Eve. My first thoughts when he asked was to say no, since I had met his soon to be ex. I just don't like to get involved with men that I have met their ex's at some point. I don't want/need the drama! But then even thought the year had not started and I could have said I start my resolution from tomorrow I decided against that, and I said yes. But I knew he was not for me!

The deal breaker for me of course is that he does not want any more kids. He has two preteen boys and he is worried about their future, their teen years, and their colleague tuition.

Anyhow, I said yes, but I think we might become good friends.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on major success in 2010 and much luck, energy and happiness on your 2011 resolutions! I predict you'll do just fine on all 3 personally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. THANK YOU so much.

    ReplyDelete