Sunday, January 16, 2011

A good week!

I have been staying at my parents this past week, keeping my mom company while my dad is on business trip.

Last Sunday my mom looked tired and run down. I suppose because of all the running around helping and organizing everything holiday related. I thought she not only deserves a vacation, she needed one. She is going to join my dad down south in a week. I asked her to let me be in charge of cooking and cleaning, and asked her to pretend she has started her vacation already! She agreed but asked me to think healthy eating. She said she wants to lose a few pounds before her real vacation, lol. I agreed and come up with an eating plan!

I suggested we have two meals a day, breakfast of course, and early dinner. My mom works part time 8-2, and since I am still technically on vacation, I figured I could be home early to eat. This way I thought, by the time we go to bed, we have digested our food, and hopefully there would be some weight loss and soon.

I also suggested an egg based breakfast. Whenever I have omelet for breakfast for example, I am completely full and satisfied until mid afternoon, anything else and I am hungry by 11 am. For early dinner, I suggested chicken, beef, or a fish dish with side of veggies. My mom liked my suggestions. I checked her fridge, and came up with our menu. I don't know what it is about my mom's kitchen/fridge, it is magic, lol, everything you want/need is in there, lol.

I have been making Frittata for breakfast every day, different recipes. Unfortunately, the habit of waking up at 5 am that kinda, sorta, was forced on me to acquire, a week that I stayed at my place, has stick, lol, and I have been wide awake by 5:30. I have tried to fall back to sleep, but no luck! That has been a good thing, maybe, since by the time my mom has been ready for breakfast, the Frittata has been cooked and ready to be eaten, lol.

In the early afternoons, once home, I have been going to the kitchen to prepare dinner, and my mom has taken that time to walk on her treadmill while watching TV. By the time she is done, the dinner has been ready usually.

I have also been taking advantage of having treadmill at home; every night between 7 and 9 pm has been my turn to use it, in excess of hour and half, while listening to my audio books. I have been logging my progress on the dailymile site which I am able to display as a gadget on the right sidebar for motivation. My goal is to walk at least 20 miles a week, about 3 miles a day, very doable I think, even with school.

So my mom looks healthier and more relaxed this morning. I told her I have been good for her this past week, lol. She said you girls have been good for me all your lives, lol.

This afternoon we are going to my oldest sister to hangout with them and my other older sister, watching some football, and having dinner later. I am hoping to go for my walk in an hour or so. Even though it is very cold outside, I might venture out.

Have a great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment