Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day.

I hope that all moms had a great day; my mom sure did. I guess she is always happy when we all get together, and all of us were by her side this year; my younger sister and I the whole day, and our two older sisters until the early afternoon.

The happiness of my younger sister is truly rubbing off on all of us, lol. She even announced that she is hopeful to be a mom herself by 2013! For the first time in a very long time, I was neither jealous nor envious of my sister's lives. I love my own life right now; I am content and happy with what I have and what I don't have!

On a professional front, I am very proud of my accomplishments in the past 8 months or so. I feel that I have put my career right back on track and where I want it to go. The bonus, in the process, I did not make myself go bankrupt or jeopardize losing my house. I feel that next year at this time, hopefully, I shall either be employed or soon to be employed, and shall either be working, or soon to be working, on challenging and exciting projects.

Of course I have not been able to follow what I had originally planned with the timeline that I had planned it; I had detours, lol! But I think at the end I shall get to my goal.

When I dropped one of my classes last semester it meant that I would not graduate, as I had first planned, in December. I was also informed that at least, I need a year (two semesters) to work on my thesis. So everything was, and to some extend still is, pointing to me graduating next May, but I am hopeful!

I started on my thesis early and worked very hard this past semester. I have written my proposal, my soon to be thesis advisor has read it, and has put his stamp of approval on it. The department has to officially approve it as well, but I think as long as I have my thesis advisor on my side, department's approval is just formality. So once my topic is approved by the department, I could take a thesis course during the summer and give it my 200% attention. Since I don't have any other obligation, I could make headway on my thesis this summer. So this way, hopefully, I shall not only fix the one course deficit of my first semester, but I shall also be on track of completing my thesis by the end of the year. Thus if I work hard, which I know I shall, I would be on my way of completing my program by December.

Another goal of mine that did not go as I had planned was having a summer job! Hopefully once I start working on my thesis I would not be bothered by no summer job as much!

On a personal front, I am so excited and happy that I have met the right man; the right man for me. In the past few years, I tried to be content with the men I met and went out with. I always warned myself not to screw the relationship up, even though deep down I knew that he was not the right man for me! But with my man now I am not concern about screwing up, because I know I wouldn't or couldn't. OK, I guess I just jinx myself, lol. With him I just feel so relaxed; I don't want to think about the future, I just want to enjoy the present!

My hope and plan was to meet someone right for me, get married as soon as possible, and start having a baby, but hopefully two; not at the same time of course, lol! But with my man now I feel that if the marriage and kids happened so much for the better, but as long as I have him in my life, that is enough for me!

I did not bring up the kid issue, but he did casually mention it once that he wants kids. He said his career was more important to him and so he put personal life on hold for a bit! Anyhow, I don't want to get so wrapped up on having a kid so that I don't appreciate having my man in my life.

I have come across couple of women who found their great men, men who love them, men who supported them in accomplishing their dreams and goals, men who included and seek their woman's inspiration and support in every aspect of their life, but then these women went and got so obsessed with getting pregnant that they did not enjoy or appreciate having the life they had. I so don't want to be one of those women. I don't want to take my man for granted!

If having our own kids is in the cards for us so much the better, if not, I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it. I had a coworker who adopted two kids, when they were each younger than two years old, and she just loves them very dearly. I don't think even for a second she thinks that she did not give birth to her kids. They are her kids, she loves them to pieces, lol, and would do anything for them. They always came first and by far. That is what being a mother is all about I guess, loving one's kids unconditionally, and helping them be happy and become successful human beings, not just giving birth to them!

Anyhow, I got my mom Lilac plants for Mother's Day. In the past couple of years, my mom had mentioned a few times that she wanted to get Lilacs for her garden, but she never did. Last weekend, one of my best friends asked me if I wanted to go Mother's Day gift shopping and I jumped at the offer, lol. We went to a nursery and they had four kinds/colors Lilacs. The indecisive that I am, I bought all four, lol. They all had flowers and I was so concern this past week not to kill them, lol. This morning, my younger sister came over and we transferred the plants to our parent's house, still full of the blooms, lol, thankfully. My mom LOVED them. She was so happy.  The smile and excitement in her face; I am so lucky to have her. Anyhow, I helped dig holes and we planted them where my mom wanted them.

In case you are wondering, here are my mom's Lilacs:



Now on to the school front, I have one final down and one to go. The professor had mentioned in his email that the final should take us about 12 hours to complete. Well I took my time, lol, carefully read each question several times, worked them out one by one, then checked my notes and texts for a possible similar examples to be sure that I had done them right, and finally I typed them all up. All in all, I spent about 22 hours on the exam; 8 hours on Friday, 13 hours yesterday, and this morning after my hour run (mostly run, but a minute of walk here and there) I read everything carefully once more and then emailed it to my professor as soon as I got to my parents, so that I could enjoyed the day with my mom, my dad, my bride-to-be-little sister, lol, and the rest of the family.

Yes, I did count my blessing for everything I am so blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment