Monday, October 11, 2010

I am staying at school until I reach my goal!

Weight loss goal that is! lol.

I saw my two best friends after about a month, couple of weeks ago, and they told me that they can see that I have lost major weight! We are very intone with each other and since they both told me, and separately, I knew that it must be true. I don't own a scale, for one I was driving myself insane by weighing several times a day while at home, and for another it became a motivation for me to go to gym on the weekends to weigh, so I throw my scale out when it broke and never replaced it.

For some reason there was no drama to go to gym after work on the week days, but I just didn't want to leave home on the weekends. After I became scale less the temptation of wanting to know if I had lost weight that week was enough to get me out of the door, without any drama, to the gym, first thing in the morning, on a weekend, to weigh myself.

Anyhow, when my best friends told me that they think I had lost weight, it was Sunday and I was staying at my parents that night. So promptly the next morning I weight myself on my mom's scale and was surprised beyond belief with the number I was seeing! I truly had lost a lot of weight! Of course right away my mom told me that her scale was not very accurate and there was a few pound difference between hers and the one at her doctor's office; hers give a couple of pounds lighter number. So I was very tempted to just go to my old gym one early morning and weigh myself! lol.

Thankfully, last week I got an email from them inviting me to go back, and they sent me a courtesy pass to be used in the month of October, for three consecutive days. I took advantage of that this weekend and made it to gym from Saturday to today. I do miss my gym, but I don't miss their membership fee. Anyhow, when I weigh myself first thing Saturday morning, I saw that I had lost 6.5 pounds since August 31. I am very pleased with this loss and very hopeful that I might be able to get back to my comfortable weight.

Something happened after I turned 30; I started gaining weight annually, at the rate of 5-7 pounds. I was never an athletic person, yes, I run, biked, swim, played volleyball and tennis, but only occasionally, and for recreation only, not as a sport, or to keep fit. And I was able to comfortably keep my weight at 107 pounds, plus and minus 2. I am 5"4' and small boned, so that was a very good number for me.

Anyhow, today was my last day at the gym and I am up about 2 pounds since Saturday. I am not sure if it is because of multiple exercise days and I have retained some water, or it is because I have been raiding my parents' fridge, while house sitting for them. My parents are on vacation, my mom did her weekly grocery shopping before they left, and she told me not to let anything go bad! lol. Needless to say, I have been eating a lot!

I have been thinking if I continue my new eating routine until the end of the spring semester, I might hopefully be able to lose all my weight gains since I turned 30! What I have been doing differently since I became a student is that I gave up 2-3 times a day coffee, or coffee drinks with cream and splenda, instead I have been drinking water. I don't eat out anymore, I used to, at least twice a week. Now since I am spending most of my day at the library, I have been living on 2-3 Atkins bar during the day. I eat one with my morning coffee, and take 3 with me to school, but I try to eat only 2. At night, I am so tired that I don't feel like eating, but since I have readymade food, I try to eat it. I have been cooking every couple of weeks. When I cook I make a few dishes and then I divide them into servings before freezing them. Every morning I put what I want to eat in the fridge and it is almost unfrozen by the time I get home at night.

Anyhow, I am very excited at this consequence of being a student!

No comments:

Post a Comment