Sunday, September 19, 2010

NO!

NO, I don't want to sell my cloths, and NO, I don't want to move to my parents' house!

I have changed my life so much in the past month that I don't want any more changes. I suppose one can handle so many changes at one time before going totally nuts that what happened to my life! I am at that point right now!

Friday night I got all my clothes from numerous boxes, couple of suitcases, and all of the closets and brought them all into the living room! Yes, I have too many cloths, but no I don't want to part from them. They are still very stylish and I paid a fortune for them.

If I say so myself, I am a very neat person! All the pieces in the storage, probably for couple of years or even more had been put away so neatly that they don't look old. When I want to put my cloths away, for a season for example, I send the ones that need to be dry-cleaned out, and the rest I wash and iron before wrapping each in a plastic wrap to put away.

The two reasons my cloths stay in the storage are: 1- I feel that I have worn them too many times last season, or 2- I feel that they felt snug to begin with last season and now that I have gained couple of more pounds they wouldn't be comfortable.

Yes, even though I watch what I eat, and go to the gym regularly (or should I say went to the gym regularly, another thing I gave up last month, my gym membership) I still managed to gain couple of pounds here, couple of pounds there, and before I knew it, some of my clothes wouldn't fit, and I had to get new pieces, while warning myself that I should diet to be able to wear the old pieces again and soon, which of course never happened!

Anyhow, I believe that I have a good taste! Well, I know that I have a good taste! If I could fit into some of these pieces, some that I got probably five years ago or even more, I would definitely wear them; they are still very stylish and I don't want to sell them! I am going to fit into them and soon!

So anyway, I went through each pile, put the ones that still fit and I could wear to school, regardless of the season in one pile, and the rest in another. Then I hanged all the ones that I am comfortable to wear to school in my closet and left the rest in the living room. I could do that because it is *my* house and if I don't touch them for a month they are going to stay like this. That is the way I like it; that is the way I know my life to be!

My parents' house is *their* home, and even though I love my parents to death, I don't want to live at their house unless I absolutely have to!

Thus this morning I thought enough of a change, enough of being worried about money every second of the day. I treated myself to my usual Starbucks drink and now I am waiting for the library to open so I can head there and torture myself some more!

Finally I am getting somewhere with selecting a topic/paper for one of my term papers/projects. I shall write about that tonight. And oh yes, tonight of course is Mad Men night! Can you tell I am very obsessed with this show? I shall write about that too, at some later point.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that my first thought on your last post was that you should definitely move in with your parents. I remember grad school as being grueling - classes and research, studying and writing and completing labs. So the idea of having someone to cook and clean and take care of you seemed nice to me. :)

    However, having worked in Industry for a couple of years myself, I know that I need my space and - much as I also adore my parents - I couldn't move back in with them without some serious adjustments. So you're actually lucky - you've planned so that you have your own space, but a good fall-back plan should you decide cash is problematic or you just want a shorter walk to the bus.

    So hang in there - remember that sleep is important when forming new memories (naps are you friends!) and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi post-doc.
    Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your support. You are very sweet.
    You are right; I have to make sure that I am getting enough sleep. That is going to make a huge difference in my well being. Even thought I have not changed the time I used to go to bed and the time I used to get up, but there has been nights that I could not fall sleep for a long time. I never had that problem before. And there has been mornings that I woke up maybe two hours earlier than my usual, without the alarm, so I just stayed in bed until the time. I think it has been stress, but hopefully it is going to get better from here on. I shall try to get enough sleep.
    Again thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete