Saturday, September 4, 2010

About Me!

I am a new student. But I shall be the oldest in class, possibly older than the professor!

I have been working in industry for almost 20 years. I have been going up in the corporate ladder with a nice pace; I had a good salary and a nice title, but the job itself was the same old boring stuff that I had been doing for a long time.

In the past 5 years or so I tried to convince my superiors to trust me with projects that seemed more interesting to me but to no avail.

Thus this past June I decided enough is enough and I was going back to school, to study the area that I want my future projects to concentrate in, get a diploma and hopefully get a job with projects that shall be exciting and interesting to me at this point of my career.

I applied to school and to my surprise I got in! I quit my job last week, I am starting classes next week, and since I don’t know what to expect, I am a bit uneasy!

So I figured why not blog my way through graduate school as an older person's view point! Hopefully school has not changed much in the past 20 years, LOL, and hopefully I shall survive!

Welcome to my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is delightfully brave. I'm fascinated already. :) And, of course, wishing you loads of luck and success as you navigate grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi post-doc. Thank you so much for stopping by and posting.

    ReplyDelete