Friday, September 24, 2010

It only took two weeks ...

and I am all cutup on materials I needed to remember to be able to understand/follow comfortably the lectures from my current classes. And I have proof to backup my claim too! lol.

For one of my classes, our first homework assignment was on prerequisite materials.  It was due last Wednesday, we got it back Monday, and I got a perfect score. There was not even one little mistake in the 10 problems I solved. Just perfect assignment I handed in.

For my other class we had a quick quiz on Tuesday. Again it was going to be on the prerequisite materials. The professor said that it was good for him to know if he needed to emphasize an area more, if he saw no one has answered a particular question correctly, and also good for us to know which area we need to work on more. Well I got back the quiz yesterday and again a perfect score.

I am happy, relaxed, proud, and confident.

I am just kicking myself for not believing in myself more, for not trusting my capabilities that I can handle 3 classes, and dropped one of my classes as soon as my academic advisor told me to. Dropping that one class made a chaos in my emotions for a while!

You see, I am a planner. I don't make emotional or a spur of the moment decision. I think, plan, evaluate, and then execute. The thinking stage could be as long as a year before I get the nerve to plan it. But then when I plan, I evaluate all the things that could go wrong and I find solutions or backup plans for anything that might not go as planned. So when I get to the executing stage, maybe a couple of years later, I want everything to go as smoothly as planned. If it doesn't then I could fall apart, practically!

Anyhow, now that I am more relaxed, I have gone into the recovery stage; how can I fix the consequences of dropping this one class? One option is to continue my plan, take classes as scheduled, apply for jobs at the time I had planned, hopefully finding and accepting a fulltime job in the time frame that I have hoped for, and then take the class I dropped, either while I am in the searching stage or working stage.

Another option is to take 4 classes next semester, which I don't think would be practical! But a revision to this option could be to talk to my current professors and see if I can define a research/independent study type class to take under their supervision next semester. I could sort of define it, do some research work on it now, and during the Christmas break, so that my load would not be as heavy as 4 classes but still would be able to take 4 courses! I am going to think about this some more and then go talk to my professors in a week or two.

But for now, I am excited and happy and just asked my parents if they would come over to my place on Sunday for a cookout and they said yes. Hopefully my sisters and my best friends could come over too in such a short notice. But I wanted to celebrate my happiness this weekend. I might have tons to do next weekend that is why I don't want to plan it for then or later.

Anyhow, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment