Friday, June 10, 2011

Advantage of living in the basement ...

no need for AC!

The tenant informed me last week that the AC is broken. I guess the hard winter that we had damaged it. 

I called the technician who services my AC and heater every other year, who was at my place last year servicing the AC, and who I was hoping that I didn’t need to hire this year, and he being very busy this time of the year, could not make it until yesterday, another very hot day. I felt bad for my tenant.

Anyhow I notified my tenant upstairs that the technician shall be there yesterday. I said that he would fix the AC and leaves the bill. I asked them to please be home between the hours he said he would be there, and also asked them to give me the bill afterward.

The tenant emailed me back, said that she would be home, but asked that if I could be home too. She said she is not comfortable dealing with the technician! 

So yesterday, in the hot and humid midday, I had to get home to wait for the technician. I got home about 10 minutes past the time he said he could come, and was hoping that he had not arrived yet. I rang the bell upstairs, and when I got in, boy was it hot.

I asked my tenant to come downstairs while we waited for the technician, and what a difference in temperature the upstairs and downstairs had. I made lemonade and we waited.

The technician came, fixed the AC, give me the bill for over $300, and my tenant was happy to feel the cool air pumped into the house. 

My area was cool to begin with. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment