Sunday, July 10, 2011

Second 5K race.

I run my second race yesterday. I am really happy with my time, 27:37. My goal was to shave 2 minutes from my time; I did better than that.

Unlike my first race there was no drama, lol. I stayed at my oldest sister's the night before my race. I did wake up a few times through the night, but I felt asleep right away. For my first race I was up most of the night. Anyhow, in the morning, my sister, my niece, and I went to the race.

Shortly after we got there, my friends arrived and while we were joking and laughing, it was time to start. We lined up and started together. I run with them for about 1/3 of the mile, averaged 11 minute mile, then I felt good enough that I decided to push myself. The next two miles I averaged 8.6 and 8.9 minute mile respectively, and the remaining distance I averaged 8.1! Yes, I can't believe it myself. I am so proud of my accomplishment.

My next race is a 5 miler in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment